Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Starting at the beginning

So I'm big, old and not an athlete. But I'm going to do a triathlon next spring. Why do you ask? Well there are a number of reasons.

First, I was inspired by my daughter, who will be 9 next month. She's already done two triathlons. Her first was last year. She didn't know how to ride a bike until June, then did her first triathlon in August. She was seventh out of eight, but she did beat a boy. This year she did much better and finished 15 out of 35 in her age group. So she has inspired me.

Next, I just want to feel good and be fit. I'm past middle age now, so I want to stay fit and healthy so I can live longer. Plus I don't want to always be the big, fat, out of shape guy.

Finally, I want to do a triathlon because it's there. My friend who climbed Mt. Everest this spring always uses that.

So join me on my journey. And if you have any suggestions, I'm open to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment